For those who could not attend our college honors and awards breakfast on Friday, I wanted to list the names of the incredible group of faculty, staff, and students who we recognized at the event. Let me first thank the honors and awards committee - Jessica Barness, committee chair Jeff Crump, John Koepke, Kate Maple, Julia Robinson, Thomas Schenk, Sarah Schiesser, and Julieann Swanson - for their work in evaluating the 74 nominations. The college has an over-abundance of talented people, which gave the committee a nice challenge.
Here are the award winners:
- Outstanding Teaching Award: James Boyd Brent, Graphic Design program; Ozayr Saloojee, School of Architecture
- Outstanding Research Award: Lucy Dunne, Apparel Design program
- Outstanding Outreach Award: John Comazzi, School of Architecture
- Outstanding Civil Service / Bargaining Unit Award: Cheryl Johnson, Executive Office and Administrative Specialist in Design, Housing, and Apparel
- Outstanding P&A Award: Martha McDonell, Assistant to the Head in the School of Architecture
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Jodene Riha, degree candidate in the Housing Studies track of the Design Ph.D.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award: Marisa Fredrickson, degree candidate in the Bachelor of Science in Architecture program
We also had 55 students win departmental awards, a list too long to include here.
Members of the college community have also won university and professional awards recently. Kristine Miller in the Department of Landscape Architecture received a Council of Graduate Students Outstanding Faculty Award this past week. And Ronald W. Haase (BArch, 1961) and Rodney K. Henmi (BArch, 1974) will become fellows in the American Institute of Architects at its national convention in New Orleans next week.
The quality of this year's honorees indicates the extraordinary work that our faculty, staff, students, and alumni do everyday. And while we cannot honor everyone in a given year, we are all honored - and fortunate - to work with so many gifted people.