Monday Minute, May 9, 2011

Colleagues,

The Provost has completed his review of our promotion and tenure cases, and has decided to promote six of our associate professors to the rank of full professor effective in the fall. Please join me in congratulating:

• Missy Bye, Apparel Design

• Mary Guzowski, Architecture

• John Koepke, Landscape Architecture

• Rebecca Krinke, Landscape Architecture

• Kristine Miller, Landscape Architecture

• Ann Ziebarth, Housing Studies

I am also pleased to announce that Abimbola (Abi) Asojo, currently an associate professor at the University of Oklahoma, will join our Interior Design program this fall. She holds a MS in Architecture from Obafemi Awaolo University in Nigeria and an MS in Architecture: Computing and Design from the University of East London, and she is completing her Ph.D. in Interior Design at the University of Oklahoma. Abi's design work includes retail environments, museums, and spaces for disabled children, ranging from Kuwait to Nigeria to the United States. A 2010 DesignIntelligence "Most Admired Educator," with expertise that spans multiple disciplines in the college, Abi will enhance the college's diversity and intellectual synergies.

Finally don't forget that our commencement will occur this Saturday at 3pm in Mariucci Arena. Mauro Porcini, head of global design at 3M, will speak about the importance of design thinking and creativity in the global economy. I want to thank all of the staff who have volunteered to help; lunch for you will be available at noon in the Club Room on the third floor of Mariucci. For faculty members participating, I will see you at 2:15 in the lower level of Mariucci, and if you have ordered regalia, it will be waiting for you there.

Have a great finals week.

Tom