Monday Minute, December 19, 2011: Happy Holidays

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Tom Headshot.jpgDear Colleagues,

With finals and the holidays at our doorstep, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy and safe holiday season.

As the year comes to a close, I believe that the momentum we've built up over the last many months will make 2012 a defining year for our College and the application of design in a much broader context.

In the past week alone, faculty at the College have been approached to help professionals and organizations - ranging from K-12 & Higher Ed, to city & county governments, to foundations & non-profits - develop and infuse design thinking into the way they do business.

These opportunities will help us fulfill our vision by preparing our students to confront challenges big and small, as well as helping them understand the point where people, planet and profit intersect.

When outside organizations such as these contact us for our expertise in this area, I believe we're seeing a fundamental transformation in how the broader world is beginning to understand the importance of all aspects of design.

Again, please have a safe holiday. Here's to making 2012 our best year yet.

Tom