Monday Minute, December 5, 2011: Community Fund Drive and Gift of Shelter Updates

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Tom Headshot.jpgDear Colleagues,

As I mentioned at the Faculty Assembly last week, I wanted to update you on this year's Community Fund Drive. After all of the gifts were counted, our College scored in the top 10 in participation from across the University, with 46% of us contributing to the effort. That's a 28% increase from 2010 - and that also means that over $17,000 will go back to the community because of your efforts. To all who gave to the Community Fund Drive, thank you for your generosity!

At the Faculty Assembly, Trevor also updated us on the effort to fund some of the work our College does with Habitat for Humanity. Our campaign, The Gift of Shelter, aims at raising $10,000 by December 10, 2011. So far, we're about half way to our goal, but we'll need to pick up the pace to meet this Saturday's deadline. If you know of anyone who might be interested in contributing to this important effort, they can make a secure online contribution here.

Purpose-driven giving is a new, lasting wave in philanthropy - especially in our current economy. I'm excited and proud that our college is an active member on both sides of this equation. Have a good week.

Tom