30 Seconds Earns Two Design Students $1,000 Scholarships

College of Design students Joel Valdez and Nathan Wong were among dozens of students who participated in the University's Driven to Discover video contest this December.

On Monday, the University announced the names of 16 students whose videos received the most "likes" on the official University Facebook page. Valdez's 13th place and Wong's 14th place earned both students $1,000 in scholarship assistance.

"I'd like to thank the U of M for giving me the opportunity to apply for this scholarship," says Wong. "The application process was an enjoyable one. I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me with the continuation of my education."

The video contest is a facet of the university's "Driven to Discover" marketing campaign, which highlights the distinct experience students receive when they attend the U of M.

"I'm so grateful to receive this gift to help me continue to create beautiful artwork," says Valdez. "Thank you to all of my friends and family who voted for me. I made the video to show them all how their beauty inspires me every day."

All 16 winning videos are available on the University's Driven to Discover website.

Congratulations!