Monday Minute, January 17, 2012: Welcome Back

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Tom Headshot.jpgDear Colleagues,

I hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. It's terrific to see students, faculty and staff back in full-force as we kick-off 2012.

As I mentioned at year's end, I believe that 2012 will be a defining year for our College. With President Kaler half-way through his first year at the U, and with our new provost, Dr. Karen Hanson, set to take the reins next month, I'm extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead for the entire University in the coming year.

As a reminder, RFP's for investments in our vision, visibility and vitality are due on Tuesday, January 31. Again, if your idea helps advance the vision of the College, if it leads to new revenue, if its helps gain more visibility or a broader national/international reputation for your unit or the College as a whole, please consider applying. For those interested, there will be an informational program held this Thursday, January 19, at 3:30 in 225 Rapson.

Also, as many of you know, there has been a change to the University Travel Policy, which now requires pre-travel registration of all staff/faculty international travel for University purposes. The policy is available here. More information can also be found here and here.

Again, it's great to see everyone back. Here's to making 2012 our best year yet. Have a good week.

Tom