Shannon Smith (Apparel Design '11) Heads to Cabela's to Work on Women's Apparel

Shannon-Smith.jpg Shannon Smith (Apparel Design '11) is working for Cabela's based in Sidney, Nebraska. One of the first apparel grad's employed by Cabela's, Shannon was recently promoted to the position of Men's Casual Designer. She joined the company as a quality assurance specialist shortly after graduation in 2011, working on technical design to restructure fit for women's apparel. Her new position designing menswear allows her to apply her technical background skills with a more creative focus.

Of her move to Sidney, population 6,000, Shannon says, "I'm finding myself quite at home. It's a big change from studying in Minneapolis, New York, and London, but not much of change from growing up in rural Spicer, Minnesota."

With a desire to assimilate into the Cabela's culture, Shannon says she's purchased her first gun, joined the local trap shooting league, and went on her first successful pheasant hunt. "There are a lot of people at work that love to get out and hunt, and are teaching me the ways!"

More of the Apparel Design program at the College of Design can be found online here.