Monday Minute, March 19, 2012: Congratulations Landscape Architecture Head Lance Neckar
mondayminute2.jpgDear Colleagues,

While I realize many of you have already heard the news, I wanted to take a moment to publically congratulate Lance on his new position, beginning this fall, as the founding Director of the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability at Pitzer College. Lance has provided over 25 years of leading landscape architecture and design research, teaching and thought to his students and colleagues at the University of Minnesota. From his time as associate dean of the College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture and director of the Metropolitan Design Center, to his current leadership position as head of the Department of Landscape Architecture, he has been a tireless advocate for his discipline, and the University, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him over the years.

Using this past week's weather as a guide, he and Carol will have to adjust to a cooler climate, but I have no doubt that they'll be able to figure it out in time. Please join me in wishing them both continued success on this next chapter in their lives.

Tom