Clinton Hewitt Receives 2012 President's Award for Outstanding Service

Hewitt_Clint1.jpgClinton Hewitt (Emeritus, Landscape Architecture) is the recipient of the 2012 President's Award for Outstanding Service, an award recognizing his remarkable work with the University and in the field of Landscape Architecture. 

Professor Hewitt is recognized for greatly expanding the understanding and impact of landscape architecture. When he retired in 2009, friends and colleagues established the Clinton N. Hewitt Fellowship to celebrate his leadership and provide a financial award to landscape architecture students with exceptional potential.

"Clint is the embodiment of the climate of respect that underpins the everyday dignity of the University of Minnesota," said Professor Lance Neckar, head of the Department of Landscape Architecture.

In 2011, Professor Hewitt was named a Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA), one of the highest honors awarded to members of the organization.

I worked in 1972 with Clint when I was the job captain of the team from John Andrews Architects preparing the Long Range Plan for the St Paul Campus. I would very muckh like to be able to write to him and am writing to ask for his email address.

Tours sincerely
Peter de Tolly

Cape Town, South Africa