Hannah Preble (Interior Design) Awarded IIDA Scholarship
Hannah Preble, an interior design major with an architecture minor, took first place in the 2012 International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Northland Chapter Student Scholarships program. Her winning entry was selected by a panel of reviewers that included a past IIDA Northland Chapter President and representatives from HGA. It was judged by the success with which she met design requirements and exhibited a creative and dynamic approach to branding and interior design.

HannahPrebleFBsize.jpgPreble, who has attended IIDA events consistently since the spring of her sophomore year, is currently studying abroad at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. She submitted her entry four days before getting on the plane. "I actually hadn't packed for my trip until after I finished and submitted design," she writes, "because I was doing nothing but working on the project!"

HannahPrebleFBsize2.jpgShe encourages all interior design students to get involved in professional organizations as soon as possible in order to make career connections and take advantage of great opportunities like this scholarship competition.

The scholarship will be presented at IIDA Northland Chapter's 9th annual FAB awards on Thursday, April 19 at the McNamara Alumni Center. Preble's father will accept the award on her behalf.  

For more information about the interior design program, check out their website or follow them on Facebook.