Cory Etzkorn's Portfolio Earns Award from AIGA

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 12.42.08 PM.png

cory_etzkorn_headshot.jpgCory Etzkorn (Graphic Design) was awarded an American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Minnesota Scholarship during the 2012 Portfolio 1-on-1 student portfolio conference. The regional event puts developing design students and their books in front of experienced creative professionals for intensive reviews, constructive conversations, and valuable connections.

Judges for the competition were Dante Carlos, Senior Designer at Walker Art Center; Craig Franke, Principal and Creative Director of Franke+Fiorella; Tim Larsen, President of Larsen Design; and Rett Martin (BS '04 Graphic Design), Director of UX & Creative at Clockwork Active Media Systems.

"It was truly an honor to receive the AIGA MN scholarship at portfolio 1-on-1," said Etzkorn. "Minneapolis has an amazing design community and I've been fortunate enough to work alongside many talented designers over the past four years. I couldn't be more excited to graduate and see where the pixels take me." He's currently working on his honors thesis, a web application called Lemonaid, that helps students collaborate on projects. He plans to launch the free service this summer.

LemonAid.png

"The last four years have been amazing, but also very demanding," said Etzkorn. "After graduation I'm excited to have more time to work on personal projects and go adventuring."