Natalie Doud's (BFA Graphic Design '11) Mobile App Helps You Wander
Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 10.52.14 AM.png[Update: June 17, 2013]

A mobile app developed by Natalie Doud (B.F.A. Graphic Design '11) in now available for download from iTunes.

[Original Post: May 10, 2013]

Natalie Doud
(B.F.A. Graphic Design '11) and her teammate Nate Martin, a computer science junior, won first prize in the University's first Mobile App Challenge. They'll receive up to $10,000 to attend Apple's World Wide Developer's Conference in San Francisco this June. Their app, called Wander, asks users six questions about their needs, interests, and location. Then it creates a spontaneous goal-based adventure.

"Whether you are a traveler with just a few hours to see the highlights," said Doud, "or a local wanting to discover your city's hidden gems, Wander sets a goal-based itinerary to fill your needs."

Inspiration for their app came from Steve Jobs, who predicted that computers will move from the role of servant to that of guide. "After his passing," said Doud, "it became abundantly clear to me that in low stakes decision making, people prefer not to be burdened with choice. I have frequently found myself paralyzed by indecision so I sought to make something that would promote spontaneity in otherwise wasted time."

Since winning the Mobile App Challenge in March, Doud and Martin added two new students to their team and plan to publicly launch the app within the next few months.

More stories about graphic design:

I think execution ability is much important than a good idea.Because everyone has good ideas,but few people put them into practice...

Some good points here, had great time reading this. Thanks.