Sandra Arciniega to Attend Community Development Conference in Ohio

chicago.JPGSandra Arciniega (Housing Studies) received a travel scholarship from the Community Development Society (CDS) to attend their Annual International Conference July 21-25, 2012 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The goal of CDS is to provide leadership to professionals and citizens across the spectrum of community development. The conference brings together members to discuss best practices and current research in their field.

"I want to be a part of creating working, livable, and viable communities," said Arciniega, who also has a concentration in Community Development and Policy. "Attending this conference will give me the opportunity to be surrounded by individuals who have extensive knowledge and experience."

She plans to pursue a career developing sustainable, affordable housing. "Affordable housing plays a vital role in the overall quality of people's lives and the stability of neighborhoods," she explained. "I feel that housing policy and conscientious planning will play a key role in our nation's development of sustainable communities."