Marcia Milner-Brage (M.A. Design '79) Exhibits Artwork in Iowa

4924051215_29e7568b35_z.jpg

Marcia Milner-Brage.jpgMarcia Milner-Brage (M.A. Design '79) is the artist of a new exhibit in the James & Meryl Hearst Center for the Arts, Drawing the Town: Works by Marcia Milner-Brage. The exhibit in Cedar Falls, Iowa, showcases the artist's drawings of the Cedar Falls and Waterloo area, where she resides. "I learned that [Cedar Falls and Waterloo] were as worthy of my attention as any world-class city," says Milner-Brage, who has done over 200 drawings of the area.

Milner-Brage has been drawing her entire life. Her undergraduate thesis was a series of portraits of women in House Accross Clay Street Marcia Milner-Brage.jpgtheir 80s and 90s, which traveled around Minnesota after she graduated. She specializes in drawing from direct observation and has always felt that drawing is her medium. The exhibit is comprised of thirty-six framed drawings and a selection of sketchbooks. "I really want people to go away with something," says Milner-Brage.

• View all of the work from her show here.

The exhibit is on display now through March 31, 2013, in Cedar Falls, Iowa. The public is invited to engage in conversation with Milner-Brage on Tuesday, March 12 from 5-8 p.m.