College of Design Student Blogs

Life After College

Are you wondering about your future after graduating from the University of Minnesota? No worries; the Career and Internship Services in the College of Design wants to help you find a job! My experience finding an internship was a mess. I didn't know where to look or what to do. Fortunately, my involvement with AIAS helped me land me a position at Cuningham Group on St. Anthony Main (my favorite part of Minneapolis). Even if you're not as lucky as I was, there is hope.

With the rising popularity of Facebook, the College of Design has developed different pages to help you succeed academically. Check out the University of Minnesota College of Design and the Career and Internship services-CDes pages on Facebook. These will give you updates regarding new programs, internships, workshops, etc. while you're busy socializing with your friends!

The University also provides an internet-based service called GoldPASS , which allows companies to post job descriptions and positions. After you create an account, you can upload your résumé, cover letter, and references. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3! You will then receive a phone call asking for an interview or an email stating that the position was filled.

Soon you will be on your way to a full-time job, thanks to the people at the Career and Internship Services in the College of Design!

Have a great week!

-Holly

Check out the Student Services on East Bank and enjoy a great view!
photo2.jpg