College of Design Student Blogs

A chance to hear from the experts,

If I were making a list of the top five reasons I love my school, professional development opportunities would definitely be in it. Basically, professional development is a fancy way of saying getting in touch with professionals as a resource and learning tool. The U of M provides a ton of opportunities to meet and network with professionals from every field and area of study under the sun.

jpgTomorrow night I'm going to The State of the Interior Design Profession that is being held downtown and I'm way stoked! This event is a book signing and we will also be hearing from the author as well as others in the field (even the U's very own Dr. Guerin who co-authored!) Being a first year interior design student myself, I think an event like this will be of great help to me when it comes to figuring out what I want to do after graduation. With a degree like interior design (or any of the other design degrees for that matter) the opportunities, options, and possibilities are endless. There are various career paths people take post graduation. Going to an event like the one I'll be attending tomorrow will be very beneficial for me because step one is actually knowing what my options will be.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design