College of Design Student Blogs

Classes and Travels

It's the week of Thanksgiving and everyone on Campus is ready for a little break. I am looking forward to catching up with friends and family, as well as catching up on some schoolwork. Finals are just around the corner, in about three weeks or so, and I need to start studying, the earlier the better! Classes are officially cancelled Thursday and Friday of this week, but many professors also cancel them on Wednesday; they understand that some students live farther away and need that extra day to get home. So many either cancel the class or make it optional. I have two optional classes this Wednesday, November 23, and I am definitely going to attend one of them. Many of you are probably wondering why anyone would go to an optional class; the reason is extra credit. It's always nice to have a little cushion in your grade, so I recommend taking every extra credit opportunity available to you.

After I go to my "extra credit" Business Stats class, I will head home to North Dakota. It's about a five-hour drive from Minneapolis; it's the perfect distance away, not too close yet not too far. I typically don't drive when I go visit home; I usually take the Amtrak train. I really enjoy taking the train because it's very spacious and because the route to North Dakota takes place during the nighttime, which means I get to sleep through the travel time, and before I know it, I'm home!

train.jpeg
(photo credit: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LvPwIC2dBvQ/TMgyIYrrsaI/AAAAAAAAAUc/G2fRowftab0/s1600/news-AmtrakTrain.jpg)

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sasenka Curic: Retail Merchandising