College of Design Student Blogs

"Cross-disciplinary research"

Due to some miscommunication with my partner Derek last night, I ended up taking a nap in Rapson Hall while he did some value drawings of the building. It's alright, because it gives me a clever anecdote to introduce my blog this week.

I absolutely LOVE Rapson Hall. I don't get to spend nearly enough time in the building, as I'm a Graphic Design major. If there is one thing I wish McNeal Hall had, though, it's Rapson's courtyard.

It's extremely beneficial to be familiar with Rapson Hall even though most Graphic Design classes are in McNeal Hall. I've spent time in the W.L. Hall Workshop making laser cuts, I've used the computer lab, and now there's even a Digital Fabrication Lab that I'm sure the Graphic Design faculty will find some way for us to take advantage of in the near future.

To top it off, they're working on a virtual reality simulator in the courtyard! How cool is that?

Basically, even though you won't be spending a whole lot of time in Rapson Hall, it's a good idea to go become familiar with it and the services available in it. If you find you really have no reason to go, you could stop by the College of Design Student Services Office and say hi, too.

See you next week!

Patrick Puckett
Graphic Design B.F.A.

P.S. The Gophers won last Saturday XD

rapson_courtyard.jpg IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0348.JPG

Left to right: Rapson Courtyard, January 2011; Models on the second floor Link in the Courtyard; Unrelated snuggle-fest with two of my fraternity brothers and Derek (all marching band members)!