College of Design Student Blogs

On the Horizon...

It's the Monday after Thanksgiving break. Probably one of the hardest Mondays to come back from. It's all good though, because having a few days off to relax and enjoy home has rejuvenated me for the rest of the semester. I feel restored. I feel inspired. And I can't wait to tackle my final projects and get a game plan formulated for the rest of the semester.

For Drawing (1311), we're working on figure drawings and we're wrapping up on a few other projects including our McNeal hall drawing and our still lives.

IMG_0918.JPG

In Interior Design Studio (1601), we're really making some headway on our yoga studio assignments and things are really coming together. I decided to call my studio Twist, and I'm in the process of prototyping differently layouts.

IMG_0920.JPG

Design Thinking (1101W) has some interesting things going on. Right now we're getting ready to present our redesigned interior space of an existing building on the St. Paul campus, Ruttan Hall. We're also working on papers that describe a memorable place we've visited.

IMG_0919.JPG

Retail Merch Ethics (1201)is also winding down. We're working on a few papers, but basically the rest of the semester will be spent preparing for our final exam.

IMG_0921.JPG

It's gunna be a busy couple of weeks ahead, but I am so ready to kick butt during finals week and finish out the semester strong.

Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design