College of Design Student Blogs

Some Wonderful Places to Eat!

I love to eat and because the University of Minnesota is so large, it offers a great selection in dining. Restaurants are EVERYWHERE and all within walking distance. This is a list of some of my favorites!

Village Wok
This is an authentic Chinese restaurant with a great assortment of food to choose from. My personal favorite items from the menu are the wontons and sweet and sour chicken!

Loring Pasta Bar
This is a beautiful Italian restaurant that offers more than just great food. Its very romantic atmosphere is complimented by some wonderful live music; it's a great place to go on a date! Also on Friday and Saturday nights, this restaurant transforms its dining area into a salsa dance floor!

Chilly Billy's
This frozen yogurt shop just opened half a year ago; and its already become a staple among students here on campus. It offers a great selection of yogurts as well as toppings. The awesome thing about Chilly Billy's is that you pay by the ounce, so you can get however much you want!

The Purple Onion
This café has great coffee and food; anything from a white chocolate mocha to a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. It's also a great place to place to hang out and get some studying done.

Annie's Parlour
This is a signature restaurant for UofM students and it's known for their malts and burgers. They have so many malt flavors that it's sometimes hard to pick just one; but that's the wonderful thing about Annie's you can combine flavors! My favorite is 'hot-fudge banana'.

The list above is only a handful of my favorite restaurants. If you would like to find out what other food options you have on or near campus, check out these links:
Dinkytownminneapolis.com
Gophermenus.com
University Dining Services

eating.jpg
Until Next Time,
Sasenka Curic- Retail Merchandising