College of Design Student Blogs

That's 'Suite'!

Today was a busy day, mostly because I have been working on this "Campus Fashion Weekly" project all day! It's supposed to be a magazine/newspaper mock-up with fashion tips, informational articles, and even "letter's to the editor". This was a group project assignment for my Fashion: Trends and Communication class (ADES 3217); each member was required to write about two articles so that we could produce a two-page, six column newspaper. We had to format these articles and add pictures as well. We were given the option of using Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint for the assignment, but my group decided to use 'InDesign'. A few of the member in my group, myself included, have had experience using the Adobe Suites from previous classes. We determined that it would be the best and smartest tool to use because it provides us with a greatest range of creativity and freedom.

This is a rough example of our project layout:

Screen shot 2011-11-09 at 12.39.29 AM.png

The Adobe Suites are really fun and very useful. However, they are not required for any of the Retail Merchandising classes I have taken thus far, even the one where I learned how to use them. But, if you ever need or want access to these programs, there are computer labs all over campus that will provide you with the option. Nevertheless, if you decide that you do want to purchase the Adobe Suites, you will be able to do so through the Office of Information Technology for a wonderfully discounted price.

Have a great day!
Sasenka Curic - Retail Merchandising