College of Design Student Blogs

Exciting news y'all!

blogpic.jpgI declared a minor in retail merchandising! I am so excited!! Such a minor focuses on some of the business aspects of fashion. The reason I chose this minor is because it's good fit for my interests and personality as well as my major. After I graduate, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, but I could see myself doing store planning or something else that ties fashion into interior design. I honestly might even add on the fashion studies minor because it would only add a few more credits onto the retail merchandising minor and it would bundle up more of what I love into one awesome package.

Overall, I am just so happy that I'm finally getting to figure things out academically! I've been stressing up and down this semester trying to solidify my track, and through the use of many resources and lots of thinking, I was able to shake things out and nail something down.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I'm pretty much a regular in the Career & Internship Services office for CDes. In addition, I've been meeting with my adviser, Wanda and talking to other office personnel where I work. My boss, Lucy Reile, the College to Career Coordinator, has helped me bunches!! She's gotten me in touch with multiple professionals and I've met with a few to do informational interviews. Informationals have definitely been one of the most crucial and helpful things I've done to help with figuring things out.

Now that I'm on a clear track of interior design with a retail merchandising minor, I feel I have plowed a path to success. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me!

Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design

As a Newbie, I am continuously searching online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you

Edidn`t think about that. I'll tell my mother, she won`t believe it..!

Thanks a ton for this - love the info and agree with your perspective. However many others will not, so thanks for speaking up. Nice blog, well done!

Greetings, thanks for posting this article regarding College of Design - Student Blogs I was really wondering myself where to find this, until I found this page with the help of google while searching for College of Design - Student Blogs

I really appreciate this nice post, it helped me a lot!

Excellent post , I am going to spend more time researching this topic

Loving the info on this internet site , you have done outstanding job on the blog posts.

Your style is very unique compared to other people I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this page.

I like what I see so i am just sticking to your blog. Looking forward to exploring your web page again soon!

With no hesitation I say, this website has more content than the average I tend to stumble upon. I well had fun reading what you wrote here, and I will surely bring into my life this. Thanks.

Simply wanna remark that you have a very nice site, I enjoy the design and style it really stands out.

I am going to study a small number of strategies that might help me during college so your blog has been very helpful.

I like your Blog, the way I like air. Ok just kidding but really good information though .

Very good post! We will be linking to this particularly great content on our website. Keep up the great writing.

I think other website owners should take this web site as an example, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design.

Between me and my husband, we both really love your blog! Thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting this.. It's been a pleasure to read :)

You bring up many quite useful tips. Really worth a read through. I've sent the website through to friends

I was able to find good advice from your blog articles.

I'm very pleased to discover this site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new information on your site.