College of Design Student Blogs

It was a cozy Christmas this year,

qtreeandbulb.JPGAnd a good one, overall. Usually, when the holiday season rolls in, there is a mediocre amount of excitement in the Ochiagha household. My family and I anticipate the season, but no one is too incredibly excited. This year though, things were a little different. I'm not sure if we caught the holiday bug, but Christmas vibes were in the air. While me and my brother were away at our colleges, my mom and dad got the house decked and jazzed. Usually, I'm in charge of putting up the tree and decorating it, but I'll admit, my dad did good work. Another thing that was different about this year were the legitimate presents under the tree. This hasn't happened in years because usually all that goes under there are two envelopes addressed to my brother and I. Inside of these envelopes, a nice chunk of change, and the end, Christmas is over. Like I was saying though, this year we had so many gifts under the tree because everyone in my family went out and bought tangible gifts for each other.

qmomandme.JPGI got my dad two sweaters, my brother a faux-leather jacket, and my mom a Chi flat iron. Everyone was very pleased with their presents! In return, I got a cozy and plush blanket, a pair of diamond earrings, and 100 dollars of FlexDine. I laughed when I saw the FlexDine certificate because I was so surprised my parents even remembered that was a thing. FlexDine is basically campus dollars that can be spent in various food places on campus. It's especially nice because it's linked with your UCard and it's untaxed. Looks like lunch is on my parents for the next month at least!

How's your holiday season going? Comment and let me know!

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design