College of Design Student Blogs

Project Displays

While walking around Mcneal Hall on the St. Paul campus, where I spend most of my time, a sight you often see is various student work on display. As a student in the College of Design, I really feel that the University and teachers/professors really try to make it evident that they are proud of your work. They do this by displaying work from different classes prominently around the building. This is a fun way to show off your work, and to also be able to get a glimpse at what is to come for you in your major. Upper level classes work is often on display and you get to see what you have to expect later in your college career. Another fun aspect to this is that you get to see what your other fellow design, but not specifically apparel, classmates are doing in their classes and how it relates to your own work.

Here are a few shots of different work I have spotted around the building during the past few weeks:

IMG_20111221_130445.jpg

The above is a photo of the 2nd floor display of my Trend's class (I blogged about this project last week!) final projects.

IMG_20111221_130104.jpg

This photo is of a surface design studio's projects. All design majors take some type of surface design courses, so you definitely have this to look forward to!