College of Design Student Blogs

Wintertime on Campus

We have finally been getting some snow here on campus, as of last Thursday. Don't get me wrong; winter is definitely not my favorite season, but I do enjoy a good snowfall. Snow is one of the things that helps me bare the cold; it's so beautiful and almost makes campus seem magical. The weather this year has been mild, I've only had to wear a fall coat up until recently. Even though it can get pretty chilly sometimes, I love walking on campus during wintertime. But for those of you who don't enjoy cold, weather walking, I have some good news. The campus connector bus stops are short walk away from nearly every building. Some stops even have heat lamps to keep you warm and toasty.

But whether you enjoy the cold or not, it's understood that you will definitely need the right gear to keep you warm; so here are some of my go-to winter tips and tricks:

Hand Warmers: These are awesome! You can stick them in your gloves and they warm your hands right up!
handwarmer.jpeg

Tights: This one is mostly for the girls, but in the winter I always wear a pair of tights under my jeans. The extra layer provides some insulation, which is really nice.
tights.jpeg

Long Coats: I never knew how much of a difference a long coat makes, until I got one. It keeps your upper legs covered from the cold!
coat.jpeg

And Of Course Your Basics: hats, scarves, gloves, and boots
gloves.jpeg
Stay Warm!
Sasenka Curic - Retail Merchandising