College of Design Student Blogs

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Y'ALL!

bloggy1.jpgIt went so well! I got plenty of sleep the night before and woke up well rested and ready to start my day. It's nice because my roommate and I both have 8:30 AM class in St. Paul on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We woke up at about the same time, got ready, had breakfast and coffee, and then hopped on the campus connector St. Paul bound. We arrived on the St. Paul campus with time to spare so we were both about 10 minutes early to our first classes of the day. I liked being early to my first class because it gave me time to settle down and get my note taking materials prepared. I also got to do some socializing and catching up with fellow students that I hadn't seen in about a month which I enjoyed!

Today I had my Interior Design Lecture and Studio (IDES 1602) and I also had my Foundations of Color studio (GDES 1312). Everything went really well in all of my classes--nothing out of the ordinary, just your usual syllabus review and get to know you stuff.

In IDES 1602 lecture, we went over the Elements and Principles of design and then during studio, we got our first assignment. In GDES 1312, we did some general get to know you stuff, then we broke into groups and each created a design out of sample paint chips which was an interesting and refreshing task! Here's a picture of my group and our paint chip design!

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for bloggygroup.JPG Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for bloggychips.jpg

Tomorrow I have Fundamentals of Management (MGMT 3001) and Multichannel Retailing (RM 2215). MGMT 3001 will be my first class on the west bank in over a year, but I'm definitely excited for the change of pace! Afterwards I'll head back to good old St. Paul for RM 2215 in Ruttan Hall.

I'm sure tomorrow will go just as well as today did, but wish me luck!

Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design