College of Design Student Blogs

New Semester!

Winter break is coming to an end and though it has been wonderful to have 3 weeks off and rest, I can't wait to get back to school and start the new semester. This semester I am taking 20 credits, which is not something I would necessary recommend because it could end up being a tad overwhelming. But, since I my sudden decision and consideration to studying abroad next fall, I felt that it would be a good idea to have a little security in still being able to graduate on time by taking more credits then I would typically. The credit-load that is required for to be a full time student is 13 credits, however your advisor will most likely recommended that you take 15-16 credits; this is the perfect amount because it is both manageable and keeps you on track with graduating on time.

The classes that I am registered to take this semester are Dakota Culture and History, Horticulture, Marketing, Computer Literacy and Problem Solving, Visual Merchandising, and Dress Society and Culture. Though six classes may seem like a lot to handle, I must say that two of them are actually offered online, making it more manageable if use my time wisely. Taking online classes does have its benefits and opens up your schedule a bit, but it can also be harmful to your GPA if you procrastinate; that is why it is essential to stay on track and be organized.

Picture 5.png
-My schedule for the semester, not including Computer Literacy and Dress Society because those will be done online.

Until Next Time,
Sasenka - Retail Merchandising