College of Design Student Blogs

School and Friends

It is the second week of the semester and everyone is starting to settle into classes. We have survived the first week and are now ready to attack the new semester. So far I am really enjoying all of my class, I am particularly eager about Marketing (MKTG 3001), Visual Merchandising (RM 3243), and Dress, Society and Culture (RM 4212W). These classes are some of the required classes for the Retail Merchandising program, and not only do they seem like they will be interesting but very useful as well. I can't wait to see how these classes develop and all that I will be learning in them.

Another thing that makes these classes wonderful is community. Because the Retail Merchandising program is not an overwhelming large program, it is super easy to make friends within it. I can honestly say that I have had at least a few familiar faces in almost every one of my classes. Since my freshman year, I have not only become acquainted with most of the retail majors from my grade, I have also developed some really close friendships as well. One of my really good friends from the program and I even started a fashion blog together.
Developing a community is very important, whether they are in your major or not. However, having a group of friends that you are able to study, network, and relate with is very beneficial, both for your time in and out of school.

This is my friend joe who I have the fashion blog with, he is one of my closest friend within the major.
friends.jpg

-Sasenka - Retail Merchandising

Love the fashion blog!

It's a tight-knit group! It was the same way for me when I was in the merchandising program at FIDM (California). So cool to see that others are having a similarly good experience :) Good Luck!