College of Design Student Blogs

Welcome to the 4th Floor: Interior Design Central

The fourth floor of McNeal Hall is home of the interior design department at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. I may be biased when I say this, but it's definitely my favorite part of campus. This is for many reasons, but to name a few, it's where all of my interior design peers have thir studio courses, it's where all of our resources and supplies are located, and it's where I am able to produce my best work.

Thumbnail image for IMG_1116.JPG

Room 475 is our resource room. It contains many supplies, material samples, tools, and drafting tables. This room is holds studio classes, but it is also available for students to have work time.

Thumbnail image for IMG_1115.JPG Thumbnail image for IMG_1101.JPG Thumbnail image for IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1102.JPG Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for IMG_1105.jpg IMG_1104.JPG

Below are some photos of another studio space in Mcneal, room 475. This is where my studio section meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

IMG_1108.JPG IMG_1107.JPG

In the hallways we have bulletin boards that keep us posted on University and Design specific information. There are also lounge areas, lockers for storing portfolios/supplies/projects/etc. The instructor offices are also at the end of the hallway for easy access.

Thumbnail image for IMG_1106.JPG Thumbnail image for IMG_1112.JPG Thumbnail image for IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1113.JPG

If you ever wanna see it in person, you can arrange a tour here!

Until next time,
Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design