College of Design Student Blogs

Dean's Reception

Its here! This Saturday is the College of Design's annual Dean's Reception, I hope to many of you there! The Dean's Reception is a great event where perspective students can come, hear the Dean, Tom Fisher, speak, meet professors and students and get a first hand view of the major they are interested in. You'll get to explore the various facilities and studios in Rapson and McNeal Halls as well as meet staff and get your questions answered about financial aid, major requirements, and more. I will also be there, all the College of Design bloggers will be! I will be part of the Apparel Design group and I will be there to show a few of the pieces I have designed through the program, as well as to answer questions and talk about my experiences.

I remember when I attended the Dean's Reception before my freshman year, 3 years ago, and I still have fond memories. I attended with my mom, which was nice to have a friendly face around, while still meeting new people I would continue to work with throughout my college career. Meeting professors, staff and upperclassmen was a great way to really get a feel for the major, more so than you can by reading or through online research.

I am very excited to meet all of your and your families! Bring your questions and I will be open to answering any and all, as well as just general talk about the major! I truly love this major and college and cannot wait to share them with you!

Screen shot 2012-02-20 at 10.27.01 PM.png

Lucie, Apparel Design