College of Design Student Blogs

DESIGN INTERNSHIP PANEL!

IMG_0028.jpgIf you've been keeping up with my blog, then you know I work in the College of Design's Student Services. At the beginning of the semester, my boss (Lucy Reile) gave me a pretty interesting assignment - plan an internship panel. Yup! Those were my instructions, the rest was up in the air! But I wasn't on my own entirely, instead I teamed up with another student worker from Career & Internship Services, Rah Riley. (FYI- She's awesome!)

chat_icon_clip_art resized.jpegOver the past few weeks, Rah and I have been meeting about 2-3 times a week to plan the panel. We had to do things like research current College of Design students to find potential panelists, order catering, reserve a location, and work with the Student Services graphic designer, Patrick Puckett. (A fellow blogger and my cubicle mate who is also very awesome!) It was such a good experience getting to plan an event from start to finish, especially being that I'm still just a student worker! I got to learn first hand what kinds of things work when planning events, what things won't fly, and overall I got a feeling for if I like event planning overall!

The event is this Wednesday and I am super excited! I can't wait to see everyone's handwork payoff!

And speaking of events, I hope you know about the Dean's Reception! If you don't, check out this link. It's this Saturday, and I'm actually presenting which I am very excited about! It's open to prospective students and their families, so worth checking out! :)

Until the next,

Ashley
Interior Design