College of Design Student Blogs

Fashion Week

Hello all! I want to tell you about a super cool thing about living in the Twin Cities and attending the University of Minnesota. It is the fashion community in the surrounding area. The fashion world/industry in St. Paul and Minneapolis is young, fun and fast growing. Twice a year, like the larger fashion capitals around the world, the Twin Cities holds Minneapolis St. Paul Fashion Week, or MSPFW for short. As a student it is a great way to get involved in the fashion scene and network with professionals. Attending events, volunteering and showing your own designs are all opportunities to take advantage of!

This February 18-25 is our annual F/W 2012 fashion week. I am involved in a variety of events throughout the week and am very excited! I will be showing a design I created in "Twelve", the University's annual fashion show held on campus in Rapson Hall. The show takes place on Saturday February 18th at 5:30 and 8pm. (If you are interested in attending, check out the website for ticket information: http://fashionshow.design.umn.edu/)

Another fun event I am working on is the Red Dress Event, held on Sunday February 19th at SEVEN Sushi Ultra Lounge. I will be assisting Laura Fulk backstage. Laura Fulk is a very well known and successful designer in the Twin Cities. I interned with Ms. Fulk last year and have kept in touch with her and have helped her on a variety of projects since then.

Here is a shot of the MNFashion homepage and calendar:

MNFASHION.png

Calendar.png

Lucie, Apparel Design