College of Design Student Blogs

Free money anyone?

photo.jpgEveryone says it, but scholarships are one of the most important things for students to keep on their radar throughout (and before) their college career. I mean, think about it. A lot of scholarships only take matter of moments to fill out, some have you write essays, others require coursework, etc. But when you really think about it, most scholarships are relatively easy to apply for and have major payoff in the end.

I just applied to the DHA Continuing Education Scholarship, which is offered through the University's College of Design. It required a form, a written statement, and a resume as the bare minimum.

Prior to applying for this scholarship, I spent a lot of time hitting up the Career and Internship Services in McNeal where they hold "Resume Doctors" and drop in hours where you can bring in your resumes and have them critiqued and proofread. I probably went to drop in hours for my resume about 3 times in the span of a week, and I'm not even kidding. But it's great because it's a free resource and the peer advisors are always knowledgeable and eager to help.

After having turned in my scholarship materials, I felt very confident in my application materials because with a little help, I now have a resume that's eye-catching, properly formatted, and pretty much awesome. Thank goodness for Career and Internship Services!

Ashley
Interior Design

thanks to the author for taking time to write this