- 1. Developed my personal brand. I'm freaking out about it. All I have is my logo and a pattern at the moment, but I'm super excited.
One of the possible origins of my last name is "Poque," meaning "small pouch." Therefore, a pocket--hardworking, there when you need it, don't have to think about it. Greg Pickman said, "Done Check."
- 2. The Lucky 13 Internship applications at Campbell Mithun have begun. Applicants have 13 tweets at their disposal to convince the agency they're worthy of an interview. I'm feeling very confident.
- 3. Presenter applicants for the National Student Advertising Competition spoke to the group to try to win votes for a spot. Did I run? Of course I ran. I mentioned the fact that I've had the opportunity to pitch ideas to tons of local non-profit groups in my graphic design courses, and even a corporate client (Medtronic). I also mentioned pitching a social media tool to a big shot music executive at my internship in London this past summer.
- 4. Celebrated Valentine's Day out with fellow single members of the NSAC team. It was a great night out at Taco Tuesday at Burrito Loco!
- 5. Developed a plan of attack for finalizing my portfolio. It's going to take a lot of work, but I will get this done! I have to get a job! Go go go!
- 6. Was able to substitute my Graphic Design Senior Seminar course for my Advertising in Society requirement. Woohoo, three less credits to take in my final term!
T-minus EIGHT DAYS until YOUR Dean's Reception! And you get to meet ME! As well as other graphic design students, obviously.
Until next time,
Graphic Design BFA