College of Design Student Blogs

A busy, busy week

This week has been the craziest, most hectic week ever! And it's still not done! I keep telling myself, "just three days to go, just three days to go," but Saturday can't come fast enough. This week has really prompted me to keep up with my studies. It is so easy to put them off and tell yourself you won't fall behind; but let me assure you, in most cases you will. So today I thought I would give you some words of wisdom when it comes to your studies.

-This is a tip that a friend gave me: Make it a point to go over notes that same day you took them; this will help you retain the information better.
-Dedicate a few hours each day to your studies; a couple hours a day is way better than pulling a couple all-nighters.
-If you don't understand something, ask a friend, your professor, or a TA; assuming you that will "get it eventually" is definitely not the best way to go about it. Ask and learn it right away, that way you won't be scrambling and stressed out come test time.
-Accept that sometimes you will have crazy, busy weeks (like I am now) and that a social life may not exist in your near future. But hold tight, it's just waiting around the corner; use that as your motivation.

Well, I hope that you take these tips to heart and put them into use someday!

Until next time, my head shall be buried in my books...
Photo 2504.jpg

Sasenka-Retail Merchandising