College of Design Student Blogs

It's a hard knock life lately...

It's been so busy ever since getting back from spring break! Campus is alive, especially because of the beautiful weather we had on Monday. It's been rough for me though, trying to get back into the swing of things. I got my tonsils out over the Monday of spring break, so a little more than a week ago. photo-1.jpeg I thought by time I got back to school and be antsy and ready to start up with classes again, but boy was I wrong. Recovery from surgery has been a lot harder than I anticipated which has made the transition back to school a little more than rough. I will say I am so thankful for everyone in my life because there has been so much love and care sent my way. My parents were wonderful to be with over break, they took SUCH good care of me. Friends have been great too! I had lots of visitors when I was back at home and still more now that I'm back on campus. In addition, my roommate, Rachel, has been such an angel! She checks up on me regularly and cooks foods that I can eat (like homemade mashed potatoes!!).

As I said, recovery spilled into this week much more than I anticipated and much more than I would prefer. I was unable to go to my first class yesterday, and I actually couldn't get my classes or work today because I was feeling so awful. But again, I'm so appreciative because my boss and my professors have been so flexible and understanding. I made sure to communicate with them and inform them as early in advance as was foreseeable via email/text. It's really nice to know that I'm viewed as a person before anything else, because everyone has truly been concerned with my well-being more than my absence. It's really nice that the University has policies in place which honor notes from the doctor/hospital that way you can have excused absences and make up your work. In the next few days when I'm feeling better, I will go into office hours for my professors and develop game plans to catch up and stay up to date.

Maybe my first few days back haven't gone according to plan, but I can't complain when I know I've got so much love and support behind me.

Ashley
Interior Design