College of Design Student Blogs

Making Connections

Today was a big day for us housing students as we just finished up our annual Housing Alumni Career Panel. Planned and coordinated by the HOUS (Housing Organization for University Students) group, we all had a great opportunity to connect with those who came before us and have established a variety of different careers in the diverse housing sector. Some graduated from the housing program as long ago as 1980, and some more recently in 2008. Their wide range of careers included positions such as Deputy Executive Director of a county housing authority to a specialist in manufactured cooperative housing communities.

IMG_1560.JPGIMG_1562.JPG

It was great to do some casual networking while gaining insight about future endeavors, say hello to current and past professors, and hang out with my housing friends (we're a pretty small, tight-knit group). I feel that it was a great success and I learned some valuable things that will stay with me for years to come.

ALSO, our major was featured in the Minnesota Daily (the U of M's school newspaper) - highlighting how awesome our major is, click here to check it out.

Hope all is well!

Jesse - Housing Studies, B.S.