College of Design Student Blogs

NYC Trip

Hey all,

So i'm finally packed and ready for my trip to NYC! My studio classmates and professor will be traveling to NYC tomorrow and staying through to monday. We're planning on seeing the New York High Line, 9/11 Memorial, visiting Michael Van Valkenburgh Studio's, Central Park of course, and lots and lots of other places! My blog next Wednesday will be jam packed with stories from the trip!

THe High line.jpg

Definitely spend some time going through The High Line website as this is a GREAT project that is winning tons of awards and getting a lot of attention from not only the Landscape Architecture community but from New York City itself. For those of you interested in adaptive reuse of existing structures you'll find The High Line especially interesting once you get into the history of what the structure used to be. (I won't spoil it and instead let you figure it out!) First person to comment and give me the correct answer to that question gets to pick the topic of my post the week after next weeks post on the Trip to NYC!!!

- Eric
Accelerated Bachelor of Environmental Design - May 2011
Masters of Landscape Architecture - Expected May 2013