College of Design Student Blogs

The Importance of Linkedin

Have you heard of Linkedin? Do you know what it is?

If you don't... LISTEN UP! (And if you do, you just earned some brownie points!)

Linkedin, in a nutshell is like Facebook for professionals. Now I know all of you know what Facebook is, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were in your current tabs on your web browser as you read this. The interesting thing about Linkedin is that it's a networking forum to display credentials, past jobs, current jobs, resume, expertise, etc. It's also a place designed to facilitate communication between professional to professional as well as student/aspiring professional to actual professional. I'm not too sure about feilds outside of design, but I do know that within design dicisplines, Linkedin is a must! Yes, a must! I am not kidding you. And it's great because it's free!

linkedin.jpeg

Linkedin has a lot to offer because it's basically a place to sell yourself and meet other people who do what you do (or what you want to do). It's not uncommon for people to find jobs there, in fact, I was almost taken on for a small retail related project (I'm working on a Retail Merchandising minor), but sadly that didn't work out due to some scheduling conflicts. Still though, the fact that that opportunity even presented itself to me should speak volumes to what Linkedin can do for you. I know like I'm selling it big time, but I promise, asides from having an account, I don't actually even have association with Linkedin. I just happen to really love it, I suppose! And I can't recommend it enough. From what I know, it seems like everyone has one (the go getters, anyway, haha) so why not take the plunge and check it out? I promise you won't regret it!!

If you have questions about getting started, feel free to leave me a comment! I'd love to help!

Oh yeah, and click here if you'd like to connect with me!

Until next,
Ashley
Interior Design