College of Design Student Blogs

7 Stories, 7 Minutes

Tonight I attended an event called Design in 7. It's an annual event hosted by the College of Design and sponsored by the Design Student and Alumni Board. Over the years, the event has become kind of a big deal. My boss is actually one of the people who helps to put on the big event, so over the past few weeks I did a few things to help prepare for the event. It's always fun when I get to see some of the behind the scenes of how the plan for an event comes to be an actual thing, and I love getting to go and see the final product.

photo.jpeg
(Fun "trading cards" with an illustration of each presenter! A nice takeaway because they look cool and they have information about each presenter on the back.)

It was a fun night, and all of the presenters did a lovely job utilizing the seven minutes they had to tell their story. Something I especially love about the concept of Design in 7 is having representation from each major in the College of Design. It's nice that the presentations are each just seven minutes because then you have the opportunity to get a peek at what another major/industry is about without feeling lost or overwhelmed.

Overall, the event was definitely a success! There was a large turnout which is always a lot of fun, and there was an opportunity to chat and network with the presenters and other attendees.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Until next time,

Ashley
Interior Design