College of Design Student Blogs

Exploring My Options

Last week after analyzing all of the classes required to complete my major, I discovered that I had only five classes left to take and that there was a possibility that I could graduate early. After scheduling an appointment with my advisor, I tried to work out a schedule where I would be able to graduate in the fall of 2012. Unfortunately, due to my lack of preparation, I had no such luck; there were still two 'spring-only' classes I had to take, so a fall graduation would be unlikely. However instead of looking at the downside of my situation, I decided to talk to my advisor and see if there was anything beneficial that I could do with all the free space I would have in my schedule. I began contemplating taking on another minor; I have always planned on declaring a management minor, which requires only one extra class in addition to my retail requirements. With the free space I would have, I thought why not try and accomplish yet another minor that also coincides with my retail classes. After doing research and speaking with two advisors, I discovered that I would be able to complete design minor because I would only have to take three additional classes; I declared it. Now, the year that could have been done early is looking pretty packed. However, I'm pretty glad because I think this design minor will be very beneficial for me in the future!
mgh.jpg

Until next time!
Sasenka- Retail Merchandising