College of Design Student Blogs

HOLY FINALS!

Final projects galore! And I'm not kidding. I have literally been swamped with final projects left and right! Last week I outlined some of the up and coming assignments on my plate, complete with lists of what I would do each day. Thank goodness I was on top of things...

I basically spent the entire weekend with two of my friends studying interior design, Marie and Darien. We were literally in the studio every single day of the weekend and into the week even. It's so nice having some friends that I've made in the program because they really motivate me to push myself and get my work done.

I'm sure you're probably curious as to what this final is! In a quick summary, the freshmen interior design students each designed a condo for a brother and sister, Jay and Laurie Larsen. These people are fictional, and each student gets the opportunity to expand on they client profiles and backgrounds. After doing research and programming, we worked into schematic design and started making steps towards creating a floor plan. After that step, we selected materials and finishes for the space and we designed the front door being used. It was a long and exhausting project lasting about 6 weeks or so, but so rewarding at the same time. We turned in part one this morning and I feel really good about my stuff. Part two is creating a 3-D model of the space, and I'm sure I'll blog about that next week!

Let me know if you want to know more about this condo! I'm basically obsessed with it, haha. Check out these pictures below!

programming.jpg finalfloorplan.jpg materialboard.jpg

Until next time,
Ashley
Interior Design