College of Design Student Blogs

Some Suggestions

Being a retail student and having an interest in fashion, I love looking around stores and malls to get inspiration, ideas, and a greater understanding of the retailing field. Having access to great stores and shops is important to me because I like being aware of the current trends people are purchasing and where they are purchasing them. When I first decided I was going to go to school here, at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, I was a little nervous that I would not have access popular retailers because I did not have a car to drive me place to place. Luckily, after a living on campus for a few weeks, I discovered that everything was very much within reach and accessible by city busses.

So if you are like me, you're probably trying to search out some prime clothing retailers that are near or accessible from campus. Well here are some areas of suggestions to check out!

(credit: http://metrotransit.org/Default.aspx)

Nicolet Mallimages.jpeg
•Located in downtown Minneapolis
•Stores: Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Gap, Marshalls, and lots of others
•Only a 10 to 15 minute bus ride from campus
•Bus number/routs to take from Campus: 3, 6,16, 50

Uptown Minneapolis
•Stores: Urban outfitters, Heartbreaker, Victories Secret, etc.
•About a 30-40 minute bus ride
•Bus number/rout: 6, 114

Mall of America (MOA)
•Located in Bloomington, MN
•Too many stores to list... just about everything for anyone
•About a 40 minute bus and Light Rail ride
•Take the either the 3, 16, or 50 bus numbers up to the Metrodome, then hop on the Light Rail which will lead you directly to MOA,

Well I hope that was a little helpful for you guys! If you have any questions, just ask☺

-Sasenka- Retail Merchandising