College of Design Student Blogs

Spring Jam!

So this past week was an exciting one for the University of Minnesota Campus as we celebrated the annual tradition of Spring Jam! This is a time when members of the university get together to enjoy all the great things about the University of Minnesota. Not to mention that all activities are free (and often come with free food!) Coffman Union is definitely worth stopping by at least once a day during the week of Spring Jam as there is always something going on outside!

Spring_Jam.jpg

This year Jesse James was one of the performers and although I didn't have time to make the concert, I heard it was a great one! Also, the greeks put on their annual Ballyhoo and Greek Band Competition. The weather this year wasn't the greatest on record, but it certainly didn't keep our student body from getting out and enjoying all of the great events planned. This events get planned by students, so you can be sure they're going to be exciting.

Well, after a few days enjoying Spring Jam its that time of year when final projects are due. I'm doing my final project on a redesign of a "pocket park" adjacent to Juxtapostion Arts in North Minneapolis.

Till next week!

Eric
Accelerated Bachelor of Environmental Design - May 2011
Master of Landscape Architecture - Expected May 2013