College of Design Student Blogs

What's new with me, you ask??

So today I had my very first MCAE Ambassador meeting! I don't know if I told you guys about MCAE (Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence) before, but basically it's a really cool resource here at the U that's targeted at multicultural students, though available to everybody! My interest in MCAE peaked back around the time of the Dean's Reception a little over a month ago. At the Dean's Reception I was apart of the MCAE informational session and I learned a lot about what the organization has to offer. There's things like tutoring, a place to hang out, and social connections as well as many other offerings. After hearing such good things, I knew I needed to explore what MCAE could be for me.

mcae_bottom.jpg

Not too long after the Dean's Reception, I received an email with a job posting for MCAE Ambassadors. Basically, I took it as a sign. A sign pointing me to an opportunity to branch out, get involved, and try something new. I applied, and a few weeks later, I heard back and found out I had gotten a position!

So back to this meeting I had today -- it was a lot of fun and very insightful! It was really cool meeting fellow students at the U who also serve as MCAE Ambassadors. We talked about upcoming events and it looks like there will be a lot of opportunities to volunteer, which I love! Meetings are going to be every Tuesday, and I'm excited for what next week's session will bring!

I hope you have an awesome rest of your week!

Ashley
Interior Design