College of Design Student Blogs

A Re-Introduction

Hi friends, since today is the first official day of summer blogging, I thought it would be nice to re-introduce myself to all the new readers and tell everyone a little about myself, the Retail Merchandising major, and what I am currently up to.

Well to start it off, my name is Sasenka, but most people call me Sashka. I just finished my Junior year at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and am both quite excited and a little sad to enter into my Senior year this coming fall, because my time here at the university has been wonderful so far that I'm going ti be sad to leave when the time comes; but, let's not get ahead of ourselves, because it's only just the beginning of summer. 

Now, a little about how I decided on my major. Since I was little I knew that I had an interest in fashion, but it wasn't until high school that I realized that I also had an interest in business. Wanting to pursue a blend of the two, I discovered the Retail Merchandising program, apparel track, here at the UofM. I immediately applied knowing that getting this degree at the University of Minnesota would provide me with great opportunities both on and off campus. I was right, I have learned a lot in the short three years that I have been going here and have been exposed great opportunities. Currently, I am doing an internship with Kohl's, which I got because by attending a Career and Internship Fair held through the University. 

images.jpg
(http://z.hubpages.com/u/294934_f260.jpg: Visual merchandising is just one career option related to the retail merchandising major)

Well that's a little about me, until next time!
Sasenka-Retail Merchandising