College of Design Student Blogs

Architecture, BDA, what?

Hello friends,

My name is Beau Sinchai. This fall I will be a senior in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture program (BDA). BDA is a design degree with an emphasis in architecture. It is great for students like me whose interests are the combination of architecture and other disciplines. I am interested in public interest architecture as well as arts. I want to use design as a solution to humanitarian issues in the third world countries.
Being in the BDA program gave me the flexibility of choosing courses based on my interest. I took classes about Designing in Conceptual Frame and Redesigning BDA Studio I and II.

Below is one of my final projects in a BDA course. It is a lounge space in the BDA studio that my friends and I designed to better serve BDA students. It was made life-size, entirely out of cardboard.

IMG_5603.jpg

Final-Images-069.jpg

It was really fun to be able to design a product and turn it into reality. We have our final review in the project itself!

It is so useful. I have been studying there, hanging out there, eating there, and even sleeping there. The only thing left is moving all my belonging there and cancelling my apartment contract.

This summer I will be busy welcoming all first-year and transfer students to the University of Minnesota as an Orientation Leader. We have 26 Orientation Leaders this year, and we are currently practicing our stage performance and dancing for you all. Get excited! It will be super fun. Register for your orientation if you have not already done so. I am looking forward to meeting all of you this fall!

See you next blog,
Beau Sinchai