College of Design Student Blogs

Finals Week

Its finals week. That means different schedules, no more classes and final exams for some classes and final papers or projects for others. The nice thing about my spring semester this time around is that, because of our NASA project and trip to Houston, I don't have as much of a stressful time during this week. That is another thing about being a design student: most of your design classes have final projects instead of final exams which means lots of work before finals week, but not as much stress during the actual week. Your other classes however, will have final exams. My finals week this semester is pretty low key, which is nice considering the week before our trip to Houston, TX I wasn't sleeping more than 3 hours a night! I have a final exam tomorrow morning for my History of Costume class, as well as an online final for my Dress Society and Culture class. I have to turn in our final patterns, prototypes etc for my studio class as well, on Wednesday. My final paper for our NASA project is also due on Wednesday, I have been working on it and revising it throughout the semester but our final version is due then. My research class for our senior line was done a few weeks ago, with no final project. (It was only a 1 credit class.) The other class I had this semester, surface design studio, had our final projects due during the last week of class. Here is a photo of a few of my final projects for that class.

IMG_20120507_194350.jpg

Lucie, Apparel Design