College of Design Student Blogs

Some of the Most Important Things Thus Far

Hi everyone. This is my second to last blog entry with you. I'm starting to get a little sentimental about graduating. I haven't nailed down my next step yet, so I've been telling my friends that it's hard to get excited about the unknown right now. It's also been different at work, having everyone realize they're not going to be walking up to my cube to say, "Hey, Patrick," anymore. I've really enjoyed working at the CDes Student Services office, and I've grown so much personally and professionally there. I'm going to miss it a lot.

Saturday and Sunday are two of the most important days of my life thus far, though. Graduating from college has been on my mind since I started high school in 2004 (just realized how long ago that is ahhhh). There have been so many important memories made along the way, and I think that's one of the biggest things to realize: it's not just the education that makes you employable. It's the path you take and the lessons you learn outside of the classroom that make a person a life-loving, well-rounded individual.

I'm going to end this week's entry with a picture of all the regalia I will be wearing this weekend, besides the cap and gown. The maroon and gold medallion shows I'm a Latin Honors Graduate; the blue and white cords are from my fraternity, Kappa Kappa Psi; the gold cords show I'm graduating with distinction; the copper tassel shows I'm graduating from the College of Design; the white tassel shows I'm graduating from the College of Liberal Arts.

IMG_20120510_012759.jpg

Oh, and I had a job interview at Padilla Speer Beardsley today (http://www.psbpr.com). Wish me luck!

Patrick
Graphic Design B.F.A.