College of Design Student Blogs

Long Beach!

Hello everyone! I do hope you are all having a very wonderful summer season! Mine has been just great! I have been working both of my jobs, at the College Of Design Dean's Office, and at Nani Nalu Beachwear Boutique, and loving both! I also have been keeping in touch with some of my professors from school, about news articles, class work, projects etc. Keeping in contact with certain professors outside of class and the regular semesters can open up some great opportunities for you in the future and right now. I have gotten job references, recommendations, even a housing referral from some of my old professors and TAs! And I was just informed that I have been given a grant to cover my expenses to be one of Dr. Lucy Dunne's student assistants in this years Hand-weavers Guild of America conference in Long Beach California! This means that I will help Dr. Dunne with her seminars, studio workshops, etc. I also get to assist another professor visiting form another university, and even take some classes myself! I will be in Long Beach for a week, and I can't wait!

The HGA Conference meets once a year and brings together professors and professionals from around the nation to teach and share their individual experiences with hand weaving and other clothing design related crafts. Dr. Dunne is teaching a workshop about electronic fibers and functional garments, much like our NASA garments, and helping her will be great!

Here is a photo of the promotional banner for the conference!

Convergence.png

Lucie, Apparel Design